- Sets out how CheckID (“the Company”) collects, uses and discloses Customer personal information.
- Has been prepared in compliance with the Privacy Act 1993.
- Must be read in conjunction with our Terms and Conditions [link here to terms and conditions].
- Shall survive any termination of the business relationship between the Company and the Customer.
- Is applicable to the Company’s Website and Products and shall not apply to any privacy policies of any third party websites which may be featured on the Company’s Website from time to time.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
- Unless the context otherwise provides:
- “Company’s Website” means www.checkidentification.com or any other website used by the Company from time to time to deliver the Company’s Products.
- “Customer” shall mean any party who has registered with the Company for the provision of services by the Company to the Customer.
- “Customer Information” shall mean any information provided by a Customer on registration with the Company through the Company’s Website, technical information, and any other information provided by the Customer to the Company during the business relationship.
- “Products” and “Product” means the products offered by the Company advertised on the Company’s Website, including but not limited to CheckID Simplified, CheckID Standard, CheckID Enhanced, CheckID Advanced.
- “Terms and Conditions” shall mean the Company’s Terms and Conditions as amended from time to time by the Company.
COLLECTION BY THE COMPANY OF A CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company collects Customer Information for the purposes of the Company providing the Company’s Product to its Customer and also for the purposes set out in clause 9 below.
- The Company will collect Customer Information when a Customer accesses the Company’s Website, purchases any Product, or contacts the Company with an enquiry.
- A Customer may choose not to provide the Company with Customer Information, however, the Company may be unable to provide the Customer with the Company’s Products without the Customer Information.
USE BY THE COMPANY OF A CUSTOMER’S PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Customer agrees that the Company may use the Customer Information for the following purposes:
- to enable the Company to provide the Customer with the Company’s Products;
- to enable the Company to communicate with the Customer, including for billing purposes;
- to monitor the use of the Company’s Products;
- to help the Company to improve its Products;
- to market the Company’s Products to the Company’s Customers, including by email;
- to protect the Company’s legal rights and the rights of third parties.
- The Customer may elect not to receive marketing communication from the Company at any time by a request to the Company through the Company’s Website.
- The Company shall keep confidential all Customer Information and shall not disclose the same to any third party except where:
- the Company has engaged an agent to provide the Products to the Customer; or
- required at the request of any applicable regulatory authority having jurisdiction; or
- required by law or by a Court Order.
- If a Customer wishes to block some or all of the cookies on the Company’s Website, a Customer can do this by adjusting the cookie settings on the Customer’s internet browser.
- If any of the cookies on the Company’s Website are disabled by a Customer, the Customer may not be able to access the Company’s Products through the Company’s Website.
- The Company’s Products are accessible to a Customer by payment of a fee through the Company’s Website.
- The Company does not hold Customer credit card information.
ACCESS, CORRECTION, REMOVAL OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Customer shall have the right to, at any time:
- request a copy of its Customer Information held by the Company; and
- request that its Customer Information held by the Company be corrected; and
- request that its Customer Information held by the Company is removed from the Company’s records.
The Company will take all reasonable steps to action a Customer’s request except to the extent that to do so would be unlawful
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- The Company shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that all Customer Information is held in a secure platform for the period prescribed by law, unless required otherwise by law or by Court Order or by regulating authority or by any jurisdiction.